The 10 th International Annual Forum on the Islamic Economy
Dispute Resolution in Islamic Finance
Thursday- Dhul-Qidah 11, 1441 AH – 2 nd of July 2020
IICRA 8th International Annual Forum of Legal and Experts in the Islamic Economy.
The International Islamic Centre for Reconciliation and Arbitration (IICRA)
In collaboration with
The International Dispute Resolution Centre (IDR Group)
In collaboration and hosted by
Herbert Smith Freehills
The Forum & Its Objective:The International Islamic Centre for Reconciliation and Arbitration (IICRA) in collaboration with the International Dispute Resolution Centre (IDR Group) & Herbert Smith Freehills is organizing its 10th International Annual Forum on the Islamic Economy entitled “Dispute Resolution in Islamic Finance” to be held on Sunday dated 2 nd of July,2020 in Herbert Smith Freehills LLP Exchange house, Primrose Street London EC2A 2EG, United Kingdom. IICRA is keen on holding a forum in a successive session as its previous editions were successfully held in many countries across the globe such as in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, United Arab Emirates Oman etc. Therefore, we believe that launching such forum in United Kingdom (UK) for the first time will bring the senior officials, honorable Sharia scholars, representatives of international organizations, central banks, regulatory and supervisory authorities, as well as the host of Islamic financial institutions’ personnel and senior managers, representatives of accounting and auditing firms, legal firms, universities, higher education institutions, lawyers and legal experts to identify the challenges of settling Islamic Financial Disputes and discuss ways for enhancing the proceedings by applying the alternative methods in order to effectively utilize IICRA services. Welcome to the 10 th Edition of IICRA – International Annual Forum on the Islamic Economy entitled “Dispute Resolution in Islamic Finance” where it will be discussed, debated, and deconstructed through the perspective of leading experts and scholars, representatives of central banks, regulatory, supervisory authorities and practitioners.
Main Topics:1. Overview & History of Islamic Finance
2. Islamic Finance Transactions in the United Kingdom.
3. Challenges of codification and weakness of standardizing the contracts in Islamic Transactions.
4. AAIOFI Shari’ah and Accounting Standers as a Modern Law of Islamic Financial Industry.
5. Litigation vs. Arbitration & ADR for Islamic Finance Disputes – Theory & Practice.
6. Trajectories of Public Policy Issues and Islamic Arbitration.
7. Third Party Funding in Arbitration for Islamic Finance Disputes.
8. Methods for the Selection of Substantive Law – Lex Mercatoria / Lex Islamicus to settle the Islamic
9. The Arbitrator’s Appointment from Shari’ah Perspective and Controversies of Religion and Gender Restrictions.
10. New IICRA Arbitration & Reconciliation Rules 2020.
Who Should Attend:
Sharia, Legal and Technical Departments in Islamic Financial Institution
Judges Interested in Contracts of the Islamic Economy
Lawyers in general and specialists of Islamic Financial Industry
Academics in the fields of administration, economics Sharia & law
- Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, Exchange House, Primrose St London, EC2A 2EG, United Kingdom
Please fill out the registration form and submit. For further inquiries and sponsorship, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
+971 4 29 4 92 92
+971 4 29 5 95 40
P.O. Box: 182222